Applicants, please send resumes to email@example.com.
The H&S Manager holds a key position within the company and is accountable for providing organizational strategic leadership, direction, guidance and assurance for all health and safety programs and initiatives. With the mandate of reducing health and safety risks and improving safety culture the H&S Manager’s primary focus and responsibility is to lead the development, planning, implementation, administration and monitoring of Cybertech Electric’s Health and Safety program.
- Ensure H&S program elements are compliant with the most current applicable regulations and legislation;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to management, front line supervisors and workers in all company health and safety related matters;
- Ensure H&S program is in a continuous improvement state.
General Responsibilities (But Not Limited To)
- Administer and maintain H&S program manual and all supporting documents;
- Design/develop H&S forms, templates, programs, bid package and Site Safety Plans;
- Maintain, in good standing, company COR certification(s);
- Perform all necessary internal audits and gap analyses in support of COR, other H&S certifications, and client audit requirements;
- Prepare/develop bid package Project Safety Plans and all required adjoining documents;
- Maintain, in good standing, all pre-bid qualification programs such as ISN ensuring client grades are satisfactory;
- Administer and maintain SafetySync;
- Maintain all required logs, performance statistics, and databases as required;
- Prepare and deliver within designated timelines all H&S internal and client annual/quarterly/monthly/weekly reports, as required;
- Report incidents within prescribed timelines to all stakeholders, as required;
- Lead incident investigations, mentor investigation team(s), prepare report(s), assist with the development of corrective action plans, follow with the completion of any identified corrective actions and follow up with incident investigation closure;
- Liaise with H&S regulatory bodies as required;
- Liase with client contacts for H&S related issues ensuring to foster a positive client relationship and partnership;
- Prepare, distribute and chair weekly or other Safety meetings;
- Perform workplace and shop inspections; track Management, and Supervisor Inspection performance, follow up on inspection corrective actions and report closure;
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant H&S Training;
- Arrange worker required H&S training;
- Assess and manage regular and specialized PPE program, including ordering, distributing, and training on care, use, and limitations of basic PPE;
- Perform field project visits for inspections and other H&S related support activities;
- Provide on call H&S department coverage for emergency situations;
- Assist in the development of Hazard Assessments;
- Comply with all company H&S procedures and policies;
- Provide field, office/shop employees H&S presence and provide support and mentorship;
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable H&S related regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment, as required;
- Assist with administration and maintenance of compliance programs such as LOTO;
- Prepare and deliver H&S presentations, Safety memos, and all other communication, as required;
- Ensure all company H&S documents, reports, programs, and procedures, are provided to the President for review and signature prior to ‘release’;
- Perform other work related tasks assigned by the President.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Completion of the Alberta National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) program – ensuring Auditors certificate is maintained current;
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety preferred;
- CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) preferred;
- 5-7 years’ experience in an Health & Safety Leadership role with demonstrated team development and team building success;
- Previous Electrical Industry and WCB insurance claims management experience desired;
- Knowledge of applicable H&S regulations, codes, practices and standards, including the ability to accurately interpret and apply policies, procedures, and laws related to electrical health and safety (ex: the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Alberta Traffic Safety Act, WCB legislation and case management processes);
- Ability to develop programs, policies, procedures and practices ensuring consistent and accurate transfer of information from program to supporting documents;
- Minimum of Class 5 license and a 5 year clean driver’s abstract with less than 4 demerits (no regulatory or administrative suspensions);
- Emergency Response experience and Standard First Aid certification;.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Power Point and Excel at an Intermediate or Advanced level;
- Ability to manage data accurately and deliver required reports according to deadlines;
- Exceptional public speaking, written and verbal communication skills including attention to proper email etiquette;
- High attention to detail and confidentiality and must be fully aware of the sensitivity of the position and act upon it accordingly;
- High level of initiative and an ability to plan work load under minimal supervision or direction;
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve while maintaining flexibility in a deadline based environment;
- Ability to work well with others by fostering positive relationships with company personnel through engagement and leadership and by fostering positive relationships with client representatives;
- Ability to travel to remote work locations;
- Flexibility to work outside of regular work hours for emergency situations such as orientation/incident management.
2018 Key Performance Indicators
The following key performance indicators are measures used to evaluate the success of the H&S Manager in meeting objectives for performance.
- ISN Client grades are maintained ‘acceptable’;
- Alberta COR Certification grade remains above 92%;
- Safety Sync overall company compliance is more than 90%;
- Safety Sync employee and job data is maintained accurately;
- WCB incident reports are reported within the prescribed time lines;
- All H&S documents, reports programs, and procedures are approved and signed by the President prior to being ‘released’;
- All incidents are formally investigated unless otherwise directed by the President.
Performance reviews will be conducted in December with the President.