Edmonton, Alberta – August 2018
This summer, Cybertech celebrated the successful conclusion of a major SIS upgrade program for a client that began in 2006. The scope and length of the project required a significant team of both Cybertech and client resources.
Gathered recently to celebrate the completion, past and present team members recalled the countless challenges met – and friendships forged – over years of hard work. Some of the project highlights included:
- 11 project phases spanning 5 major turnarounds.
- Instrumentation, electrical and controls scope.
- 3200+ new initiators/final elements and 600+ interlocks.
- Significant new Foxboro and Triconex SIS infrastructure (replacing legacy GE SIS, pneumatic and relay hardware).
- Major portions of the commissioning performed as on-the-run online cutovers.
- New trip credit/validation, proof testing system established utilizing HART and AMS equipment.
- Consistent onsite presence/support.
The project grew Cybertech’s organization and technical skillsets and clearly demonstrated the value of being embedded on a client site. Cybertech understood the process, knew the equipment and were part of the corporate culture. We internalized the client’s business rules and systems and functioned as a partner more than an external consultant. The SIS upgrade program is a proud accomplishment and proof that doing world-class work satisfies us as much as it does the client.