Careers - Current Positions
Network and IT Support (Intermediate)
Why work for us?
Cybertech prides itself on attracting and retaining outstanding people by providing them with outstanding career opportunities. For four years in a row, Cybertech has been ranked as one of the "Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers" in Canada, taking 7th place in 2013 & 2014.
Not only are we committed to the continuous learning and growth of our team, but our emphasis on maintaining a healthy work-life balance allows employees to excel both personally and professionally.
Our projects are interesting and rewarding and our clients are industry leaders. Employees experience tremendous continuity and consistency in clients, project resources, and support from Cybertech's family-like culture. Cybertech works throughout Western Canada, however most of its work is done from its Edmonton offices.
Highly knowledgeable and motivated, Cybertech staff apply innovation, teamwork and problem solving to every project. When you work for Cybertech, you'll be working in a friendly, informal environment with exceptional people possessing tremendous skills.
About the Position
Cybertech is seeking an intermediate support resource for the company’s network and IT infrastructure. This person will possess the skillset and flexibility to learn the various systems that are essential to Cybertech’s core business. This is a tremendous opportunity to support multiple systems and work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will possess:
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and newer, including active directory
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Knowledge in networking, firewalls and layer 3 switches
- An aptitude for trouble shooting
- VMWare experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Examples of duties and responsibilities include:
- Hardware and software procurement
- IT warranty issues
- Network related administration and performance tuning
- IT Security Initiatives
- VPN maintenance and troubleshoot
- VM management
- Server room upgrades and maintenance
- Application support for critical systems (email, network shared drives, timesheet, billing, building access, etc.)
- Migration strategy development for new products and technologies
- Phone system support
- Support redundancy/failover/backup infrastructure